Live support system is a service that allows you to provide instant support and information to your customers. It works as an instant messaging tool where your customers can communicate with you in real time. With a live chat system, you can increase the conversion rates of your website and respond to customer inquiries quickly and easily.
Quality customer service is essential to the long-term success of any business. The relationship with the customer is not just about sales. Because customers are one of the most effective channels to spread information about your services or products. Providing good support in visits to your website strengthens your relationship with your customers and helps you grow your customer base. One of the challenges customers face when shopping online is being disconnected from a staff member who can answer their questions precisely and quickly. Businesses can alleviate this problem by providing an engaging experience for customers with live chat.
How Can You Improve Your Customer Service with Live Support?
In the rapidly developing digital age, customers are looking for convenience and fast results. Therefore, adapting to this dynamic environment and providing fast solutions distinguishes you from your competitors. Most research in the industry shows that customers appreciate the timely and accessible support. Live chat is a great communication channel with a 73% conversion rate, followed by email (61%) and phone (44%). Moreover, the American Marketing Association predicts an average 20% increase in conversions for B2B companies using a live support system.
Percentage of customer satisfaction levels in a survey of 2000 consumers by the EDigital Customer Service Benchmark. (Source: Comm100).
However, there are a growing number of companies and online initiatives that integrate the live support system on their websites to provide quick responses to customers. In addition to shopping websites, some of the sectors that uses live support in their daily operations are as follows:
- Medical professionals
- Real Estate
- IT solution providers
- Digital agencies
Benefits of a Live Support System
Why should you use a live chat software? Loyalty and communication are essential factors for customer satisfaction. Knowing the following advantages of the live chat channel will help you optimize your business operations. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Provides convenience to customers
A live chat system allows customers to multitask while shopping online and waiting for your support. Waiting time is less than a call center. Providing assistance and resolving problems promptly is essential because 60% of customers hate waiting longer than a minute. On average, live chat operators respond within 23 seconds to resolve a customer's problem. It is also effortless to use compared to dialing a 1-800 number and navigating the maze of numerical options and prompts. 44% of online consumers say that one of the most important features of a website is having a live person who can answer their questions in the middle of their online shopping.
2. Increases sales
Having a real person to consult customers when purchasing allows you to gain both the loyalty and trust of your prospective customers. In fact, because of this feature, 62% of consumers are likely to come back and purchase your service or product. In addition, 38% stated that they made a purchase due to the support system. A customer representative who can instantly respond to a customer's question and understand their needs can guide your prospects through the sales process and recommend the right products or services at the checkout stage of the customer's shopping cart. This reduces cart abandonment by 30%.
3. Cost savings
Time is money in business. Live chat systems reduce call costs and average interaction costs. Live support lines make more sense than any other interaction line because a single agent can manage multiple conversations at the same time. This increases sales and productivity, and also reduces the need to hire more agents.
4. Gives you an edge over your competitors
The Internet is a highly competitive environment. A very large number of online businesses still do not use a live chat software. Only 9 out of 1,000 websites use a live support system. However, online consumers using a live support system have increased from 38% to 58% as of 2020. The worldwide market is estimated to rise to $819.2 million by 2020 and this means that more users will use (or want to use) live support systems.
5. Dynamic customer interaction
Live support systems help you instantly communicate to your customers so you can advertise your products or provide the support your customers need. Your management team can view chat histories to gain insight into the common problems of your customers and use them for an effective solution in line with their goals. What's more, chat histories allow agents to discover and find ways to solve a customer's problem by quickly sorting and searching your support history.
6. Fast adaptation
Customers today want immediate responses from businesses of any size. Live chat systems are suitable not only for large companies, but also for small and medium-sized businesses. If online businesses do not address concerns and issues immediately, it means they will lose 42% of their online consumers. Delayed responses are annoying to customers. This can cause customers to leave their online shopping carts and your website, and search for other solutions elsewhere.
7. Increases customer loyalty
Live support systems provide high customer satisfaction compared to other support channels. It's easy to understand why customers tend to turn to a business that makes them feel safe while trading by providing seamless, easy and instant support. The live support button gives 90% of customers the confidence that they will get help when they need it.
8. Expanding market reach
Because it is difficult to have customers who will travel long distances to request and purchase services, your business access can often be limited to your local area. However, having live support secures customers by easily contacting you to arrange purchases and ask questions. This is very important for international customers who cannot reach your company by phone due to expensive international calling charges. It is also proactive, so your agents can send chat requests to your customers manually or automatically using a set of predefined rules.
Infoset Live Support System Features
- Proactive chat. Your operators can reach your website visitors and offer instant assistance. This is a powerful tool for increasing customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Visitor tracking. A comprehensive monitoring feature that gives you a deeper insight into the behavior of your website visitors (as well as your potential customers). It includes information such as the time a visitor spends in chat, the overall activity of your agents, conversion tracking, and logging of transcript reports.
- Chatbots and offline forms. Chatbots and forms allow your customers to reach you even if your customer representatives are not online 24/7. With chatbots, you can automatically solve customer problems and increase your sales.
- Chat rating. Visitors can rate their chat conversations with your customer representatives. Getting feedback from your customers provides important information about the areas you can improve for the quality of your support and customer satisfaction.
- Chat forwarding. Support agents can transfer chats to any operator or automatically forward the customer to the right agent.
- Agent monitoring. Allows you to see who is doing good and who is performing poorly among your customer representatives. You can use this information to educate them and improve the quality of your support.
- Chat monitoring. This feature allows you to monitor detailed chat conversations in real time and see who among your agents is currently receiving support. It increases the efficiency and productivity of your agents.
- Canned responses. Canned responses refer to text snippets commonly used in live support systems. By creating your canned responses, you can have your customer representatives send them with a single click.
- Mobile optimization. A lot of people use their smartphones while surfing the Internet, so your website must be suitable for every platform. Infoset live support system is suitable for every platform.
- Smart triggers. Using the Infoset smart chat system, you can set automated triggers for certain situations and convert your visitors into customers. For example, you can share your promotion codes at the right time, or reach out to a visitor who is about to leave your site and get feedback from them.
- Queue times. It calculates the approximate waiting time and notifies your visitors before starting a live support conversation with your customer representatives. Waiting for an indefinite period of time can cause your visitors to leave your website or app, which can harm your company's customer satisfaction levels. It also means loss of potential sales.
- Reports and analytics. It is important to monitor data such resolution times and rates, visitor details, average time spent in chats. These data are necessary to identify effective strategies and areas for improvement.
You can take action now to have the benefits mentioned above. Create a free Infoset account now and start using our intelligent live chat software in minutes. With Infoset, you can manage all your support and sales channels such as cloud call center, live chat, e-mail and social media from a single platform.